Job 2653 – Back End Developer
Our client has been in the tourism industry for over 30 years and are New Zealand’s largest passenger transport network. Located in an outer central suburb from the city, the small team manage the entire network, develop and maintain the websites and marketing material for all brands. This is an exciting for the company who have recently expanding their reach to Australia.
- Extending and updating existing SilverStripe 3.1 and 3.6 websites with integration to other systems.
- Building new websites using SilverStripe 4.1 with existing shared modules, main focus on controllers, pages, data objects and extensions for SilverStripe templates and extending of 3rd-party integrations including an in-house booking system.
- WordPress development.
- Create PHPUnit testing for existing code.
- Improving and introducing the DevOps approach.
- OOP PHP (5.5+) and MySQL 5 experience for 3+ years
- Work experience with SilverStripe or another MVC framework (e.g., Zend, Symfony, Laravel)
- Familiarity with Composer and Packagist
- PHPUnit testing
- DevOps Experience with automated deployment tools
Other desired skills:
- Recent back end experience with SilverStripe 3 & 4 and WordPress 4.5+
- Node.js or Python
- Linux server experience
- Familiarity with git submodules
- OPs experience, esp. with AWS (edited)
- Experience with building and consuming APIs
If you are dedicated, hardworking, love solutions and keen to work with a growing team based in Greenlane – send your CV and work to Charles Wheeler at The Creative Store, email Charles@thecreativestore.co.nz, or call The Creative Store on (09) 365 1077 for more details.